Old Suwanee Baptist Church is a local, independent Baptist church established in 1828 after the biblical pattern found in the New Testament. The following statements are a synopsis of the statement of faith and practice of Old Suwanee. A full version is available for those interested. If interested, please contact Pastor Campbell.
- We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible, equally in all parts and without error in its origin.
- We believe in the triune God, eternally existent Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created man by a direct, immediate act.
- We believe in the pre-existence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven, and the premillennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the fall of man, the need of salvation by grace alone through repentance and faith, and the resurrection of all to everlasting life or everlasting damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual relationship of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, living a life that is Christ-like, separated from the world, and witnessing of His saving grace.
History of the Church
The Lord established Old Suwanee Baptist Church in 1828 among pioneers who settled this area in the early years of America. The Baptist preacher who God used to start the church, Silas King, was the first non-indian to settle here. He sold the property he owned to the railroad and it became Buford, Georgia – named after the president of the railroad. His priority was to establish four churches in this area. Old Suwanee was the first. It is fitting that a church was the first institution established in these area. These early settlers realized they needed a church and God’s help to establish a good community in which to raise their families. Old Suwanee Baptist Church continues to be a beacon of the hope and light of the Gospel to this date. Many things have changed over the years, but the church is still true to the same Biblical foundation and preaching. Every family that adds their names to the roll becomes a steward of this goodly heritage that have been passed on from generation to generation. We trust and pray that God will enable us to give our children this same Godly heritage of preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ until He comes to take us home!
What We Are Now
Old Suwanee Baptist Church is committed to build a local, independent New Testament Baptist Church by the Word of God by: preaching the Gospel, reaching unbelievers with the Gospel, building lives by the preaching and teaching of the Bible, reaching our world for Christ, and planting churches through Faith Promise Missions.
Our theme for 2017 is “Make Church Glorious.” This theme comes from Ephesians 5:27
Click here to view Pastor Campbell’s letter regarding this year’s theme!